Friday, June 29, 2012


Book of Mormon Week 22-23

Thought: "Do you read the scriptures, my brethren and sisters, as though you were writing them a thousand, two thousand, or five thousand years ago? Do you read them as though you stood in the place of the men who wrote them? If you do not feel thus, it is your privilege to do so, that you may be as familiar with the spirit and meaning of the written word of God as you are with your daily walk and conversation or as you are with your workmen or with your households. You may understand what the Prophets understood and thought-what they designed and planned to bring forth to their brethren for their good. When you can thus feel, then you may begin to think that you can find out something about God, and begin to learn who he is." (Brigham Young, JD 7:333)

May 12th, 2012 With or without Romney, D.C. a surprising Mormon stronghold By Dan Gilgoff, CNN.com Religion Editor



Gary's Green Verses:



Date
Chapter
Verse
Comments
June 13
Hel. 7
16
A very good question. Why are we nice to those who lead us astray?
June 14
Hel. 8
12-13
If God gave ancient prophets power, why could he not speak through prophets in our day?
June 15
Hel. 9
39-41
The evidence is available for all equally, but our response to it is very diverse.
June 16
Hel. 10
4-5
Vs. 4 - How Nephi served.  Vs. 5- Promises God gave him.
June 17
Hel. 11
23
Is there a correlation between knowing correct doctrine & receiving revelation?
June 18
Hel. 12
6
Do we want God to rule over us?
June 19
Hel. 13
22
What are the things which occupy my mind in the course of a day?
June 20
Hel. 14
30
The consequences (good and bad) of agency
June 21
Hel. 15
6
Do I strive with "unwearied diligence" to bring those I love to Christ?
June 22
Hel. 16
18
There have been Secular Humanists in every day. (Show me proof)
June 23
3 Ne. 1
13
There has never been a better reason to be of good cheer!
June 24
3 Ne. 2
1
Notice the repetition of "Began". Bad habits (and good) have beginnings.
June 25
3 Ne. 3
12
Faith casts out fear
June 26
3 Ne. 4
33
Repentance brings deliverance.
June 27
3 Ne. 5
13
When I go on a mission, I want this verse on my missionary plaque.
June 28
3 Ne. 6
5
What can keep us from prospering as a people and as individuals?
June 29
3 Ne. 7
18
Cross reference this verse to 1 Nephi 17:52.



Sorry I am slow again. I am missing the teaching this summer, but loving the family time. We went to New York City last week to help bless our 8th grandchild. It was a GREAT trip. Tomorrow I am responsible for a family reunion and next week we'll be at Bear Lake. It looks like I might be doing another 2 for 1 again with my weekly e-mails. I am still on target to finish the Book of Mormon on August 26 with our one chapter a day for the first 239 days of 2012. I hope that you are too.